Wait list is open
Please note in order to be put on the wait list or get kittens from me you need to fill in an application form.
Current Estimated time scale
Does 3 months Bucks 5 months
Due to number of people on it. This is from the moment you go on it to the date you take your kittens home.
The reason for the wait list is that I often don’t have litters all the time. I normally breed 2 or 3 litters at a time and sometimes I have breaks from breeding over summer and Christmas.
From mating it is about 23 days for litter to be born then a further 7 weeks minimum till kittens can go to new home so you looking at nearly 3 months.
Please note this is a hobby not a business and I often can not answer emails straight away. If you do not hear from me after a week please email again.
If your new to rat keeping or it has been a long time since you have owned rats please read New to rat keeping before filling in the form.
Please be aware of the following before asking to be put on the waiting list.
1. Pet home only.
2. Must be taken as a minimum of a pair no single kittens. (even if you have another rat)
3. Information on any illness that happens though out the life of the rats.
4. Monthly updates including information on temperament.
5. I don’t mind if your on other breeders wait lists. Although you must make me aware as soon as possible if you have rats from another breeder and no longer want to be on the list.
6. Must reply promptly to emails sent including replying to say you are no longer interested.
7. New rat owners are welcome
8. You will be accepted to sign an contract before taking kittens from me.
9. A deposit must be paid to reserve kittens of £5 per kitten.
10. Adoption costs are £30 per pair or £40 for a trio
What you get when you get kittens from Gallifrey Stud.
- Friendly healthy tame rats
- 200 g bag on current dry food (can buy more if wanted)
- Trial bag of Back to Nature litter
- Family Tree
- 10% discount on Small animal boarding (Must book 1 month in advance in order to get discount)
- Reduced price on any other rats adopted from Gallifrey Stud
Other questions will be asked please don’t take it personally I just want to make sure my rats go to the best home possible.
Other things to remember when being put on the waiting list. I can’t promise when kittens will be available for you as this depends on the size of the litter and the number of people already on the wait list.
Also read What happens once the litter is born.
Please note I don’t breed hairless. The kittens available for homing are likely to be Black in Self, Roan and Striped Roan, Siamese Roan, Russian Blue Agouti and Agouti. The only dumbos I breed are Black Roans and Black Self. I am working on a line of Black Rex and Black Roan Rex. I am also working on Russian Silver Agouti which should also produce various blues including Russian Blue and British Blue. If there is only 1 type of variety you want then you may have to be on the waiting list for longer.
There is also small chance of getting Siamese, Siamese Roan, Himalayan, Powder Blue Roan, Berkshire, and Silver Fawn.